Monday 21 July 2014

Upcycled flower power, toddler crafts!


Its always astonishing as a parent that your toddler enjoys playing with the packaging of that amazing new toy you bought them, rather than the toy itself! And pearl is no exception! Give her a yogurt pot or a cereal box and she will entertain herself for hours! 
This got me thinking that I should embrace pearls curiosity of all things recycled and make something crafty that she can help join in with to make something beautiful!
Her favourite new word is flowers, she loves pointing at them and waving hello to each flower we pass.. Very cute! So in a creative moment I decided to make a flower pot with things I already had around the house, 
If you would like a go, here's what you will need:
A large used yogurt pot
Coloured paper
Ribbon
Glue
Straws
Cake cases
Glitter glue 
Sellotape
Step one:
Cover the yogurt pot with coloured paper using a little non toxic glue
Step 2:
Add some crumpled up paper into the yogurt pot for soil(this will help the flowers stay in place too.
Step 3:
Now you will need to assemble the flowers, all you need to do is grab a cake case and straw of any colour, then fasten at the back with a little Sellotape. Once you have done this use a little glitter glue (get your toddler to help, messy but fun!), to make the center!
Step 4:
Now all you need to do is place your flowers in their pot however you like! I added a little ribbon too just to finish it off. Now all you need is a small watering can for abit of pretend play!
I hope you enjoyed this post, if you have a go with your little ones I would love to see the pics! 
Have fun!
Pearls mummy

2 comments:

  1. Nice craft. Thanks for visiting my blog, making it up, looking forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much and thankyou for visiting my site! It's still quite new but I hope you enjoyed reading. I look forward to following your posts and learning more!

      Delete